Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Baby Thrown from Burning Building

GERMANY— Trapped by smoke, the parents of a nine-month-old baby girl faced an excruciating dilemma: if they threw her out of the window, would she be caught four stories below?

The split-second decision paid off: Onur fell safely into the arms of a policeman below. The parents also survived, although the mother was still in a hospital Tuesday, two days after the blaze that killed nine people, including five children.

Can you imagine having to make that decision? What a horrible situation to be in. I'm just glad the story had a happy ending.



Today's Mood

Sneezy

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I hope I never find myself having to make a decision like that.

Angie said...

Wow, that had to be a tough decision! So glad their fast thinking paid off, definitely blessed!

Also, I love love love the new layout!! And how neat that you have themed entries! My goal is to blog as frequently as you! haha!!

Hope you're doing well and thanks for checking in on me! =)