Tuesday, September 18, 2007

State Fair

Rayce and I had our first state fair experience on Saturday and let's just say well um it was ok! After waiting in traffic for over an hour we finally got there. It was very crowded, you could barely walk without bumping into someone and the lines were long for everything. I will never go again on a Saturday but I tried to make the most of my time nonetheless. After grabbing a bite to eat we made our way to the animal barn. Again, nothing to exciting just a bunch of stinking animals which Rayce had no interest in at all. After that we made our way to the midway where all the rides and games are. Here is where I started to have a little fun. I only say a little because I'm not a fan of riding rides and by this time I am dealing with a very cranky, non napped son and a husband who doesn't feel all that great. After doing some more standing around Ray and I decided to part ways with the others and take our chances at some games. First Ray decided he wanted to try and shoot a basketball in an oval hoop. After 3 shots and 5 bucks later we walk away empty handed. Then we decided to try our luck at toss the ring on the coke bottle game. At first I'm thinking this game is impossible just like all the others. So we start tossing the rings while watching numerous people walk away empty handed and I think to myself there goes another 5 bucks. Then all of the sudden Ray got one, he got a ring around the coke bottle. We flag the guy down and I immediately start looking to pick out one of the gigantic stuffed animals. There was so many I couldn't decide. I was trying to think which would be the best for Rayce to play with. It was a hard choice but I decided on this Dalmatian dog. I was so excited and I couldn't wait to show the others.

I mainly got it for Rayce and as expected he showed little interested in it but I was still excited heck it is the biggest stuffed animal I have owned. It is nearly twice his size and if I were him I would be terrified of the thing. He pokes and pry’s at the thing but that about all the attention that poor dog gets. So all and all my first state fair experience was ok. The food was good and I got a dog but we were all so wiped out the next day. Rayce was very cranky from not getting a nap and Ray spent the night vomiting and missed work on Monday. I don't think it was fair related but I do think he was starting to come down with something and should have stayed home to rest instead of going to the fair. With all that being said there is defiantly several things I will change if we go next year because I know what to expect.

0 comments: