Monday, May 12, 2008

Where's Waldo Rayce?



Little stinker destroyed his room not 10 minutes after I finished cleaning it. I cleaned his room and proceeded to clean other parts of the house and I noticed it got strangely quite. So I went in to investigate and this is what I found. Notice, the table up side down, chairs thrown about, Mickey face down. What is a mom to do? Apparently nothing because I’m told this is typical boy fashion.


I recently read some encouraging words on babycenter.com about tantrums and toddler hood. The article read: your toddler may be easily overwhelmed by life's challenges and respond to them by dissolving into tears and screams. Don't ask him to stop — he probably can't. Instead be patient, available, and willing to offer him comfort or just your presence, whatever he seems to need at the moment. He'll get over it and be good as new if you just let him storm.

Ok great! I’m thinking that would work great a home but what about in public? Am I supposed to just let the storm pass while everyone stares? Because we all know people love to stare when your child is throwing a fit in the middle of a restaurant. I mean come on people as if it’s not bad enough, I don’t need an audience as well.

And he’s not even 2 yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so funny!! I miss him AND all of you!! I need to come visit!!

Vashonnte said...

making messes is what they do best! just wanted to say hello. hope all is well.