Thursday, May 1, 2008

Little Climber

Keeping up with a spunky toddler is anything but boring. He challenges me everyday and always has something up his sleeve. His favorite thing to do is climb. He can now get on top of the couch, coffee table, and his chair, un-assisted. He loves to stand up on anything, I think it makes him feel big! I know what you’re thinking, omg Laura, that is dangerous. The good new is he knows how to get down safely and we haven’t had a fall yet. From an early age I taught Rayce how to get off of things backwards, you know, feet first. So now, whenever he tries to get off of something he turns around and plants his feet first. Works like a charm! I love my little guy. Isn’t he growing up quick? Too quick!

4 comments:

Angie said...

He's definitely growing up so fast!! Super cute little fella! And good for you for teaching him how to get off things backwards! I'm a clutz so I still do that at 25yrs old! haha!

Vashonnte said...

wow is is growing fast. and thats not dangerous kids are going to do it regardless so good for you for teaching him how to get down, instead of him teaching himself. Now that i have 2 my oldest teaches my youngest everything, jordan is now 21 months and has been climbing out of his crib since he was 16 months. and i have caught jake on top of the fridge recently to get candy, i cant believe he made it up there but then again i remember he comes from a long line of climbers, my dad and my husband climb trees and cut them down, we run a tree company, they arent allowed to climb on things but i guess its in thier blood! haha!

Jamie said...

I love your site! your little monkey is ADORABLE! I'm going to add you to my places to wander!!

Laski said...

Awe . .. I know how you feel. Mine is almost 9 months. He climbs all over everything. Can't walk. Can't crawl. But boy can he climb!!!

What a cute little guy you have!!! Adorable!