Monday, January 21, 2008

Bye-bye Bottle


On a recent visit to Target I found this darling book in the dollar section. I bought for Rayce and myself to try and ease the process of bottle weaning. I can already tell this is going to be a challenge. Up until this point Rayce has been a self-weaner. He weaned himself from nursing, swaddle, his binkie, but Rayce is by no means ready to let go of his darling "ba-ba". It is recommended that you wean from the bottle anywhere from 12-18 months. Some of those reasons being:

Children using bottles are more likely to develop tooth decay.

Children who drink from a bottle may have improper dental development.

Children who depend on bottle feedings may not consume enough solid foods to meet their nutrient needs.

Children who are not weaned from the bottle may not develop appropriate feeding skills.

Ok so I get it, it's not good for your child to be on a bottle for long, that's great but what is a girl to do now? Advice? Suggestions? I'm open to anything at this point. I'm at a loss here and I seriously don't want to go through this. Maybe if I just give it another month or so he will self wean. Oh maybe just maybe?

0 comments: