Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Update on Us

First off I would like everyone to give Rayce a round of applause because he slept in his crib for 7 straight hours last night. Yay Rayce!

So far crib sleeping has been a success this week. Monday and Tuesday night Rayce went to sleep in his crib with no problems. Even though it is what we wanted it kind of makes me sad. I can’t believe what a big boy he is already. I mean it seems just like yesterday we were barely bringing the little guy home. Ah, tear.

Yesterday Rayce had a visit with his doctor because I suspected that he might have an ear infection and I wanted him to get checked out. Well it turns out no ear infection and no medical reason for his recent fussiness. It all started last week when I thought for sure I was going to have a mental breakdown. Well, I guess I kind of did. Rayce would not stop fussing or crying unless he was sleeping or eating. Nothing was working and I was just mentally drained. Neither him nor I were getting any sleep and as the week went on I totally lost it. Thank God that Ray and Sinda both came to the rescue and gave me what was a very much needed break. Rayce had his first night away from home on Saturday night and mommy had her first full night of sleep. I think Rayce might have needed a break too because he has been much better this week. I guess the lesson to be learned here is don’t be afraid to ask for help when help is needed. See I felt like a bad mommy asking for help but like Ray said I am a better mom now because I asked for help.


Oh and I forgot to mention Rayce now weighs 15 pounds that’s half way out of his infant car seat.

0 comments: